Raw Banoffee Pie
gluten free, dairy free, processed sugar free, vegan
- 80g dates (soak for 15 min)
- 250g nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, hazelnuts or mix)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 250g dates (soak for 15 min)
- 3/4 of the water from coconut cream (only from one tin)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- 2 bananas
- 2 tins of coconut cream (the tick part without water)
- 1 banana
- dark chocolate
1. Soak dates for 15 min, then blend them in a food processor until smooth. (Thmx Speed 10 for 25 sec – stop every few sec, using spatula scrap from the edges, put on side)
2. In a food processor grind the nuts down into smaller pieces for a few seconds. (Thmx Speed 4 for 5 sec)
3. Combine dates, nuts and coconut oil and form a dough. (Thmx Speed 5 for 20 sec – stop every few sec, using spatula scrap from the edges)
4. Mould into the bottom of a greased tart case, moulding a little up the side too. Then place in your fridge.
5. Soak dates for 15 min, then blend them with water from coconut cream in a food processor until smooth. (Thmx Speed 10 for 30 sec – stop every few sec, using spatula scrap from the edges, put on side). Distribute the caramel evenly over the base.
6. Slice bananas and place one layer over the caramel.
7. With your mixer or hand beaters on high speed, whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes until it becomes fluffy and light. Mix one banana into it and then distribute evenly over the banana layer. Grate dark chocolate onto the top of the cake.
Best refrigerated overnight.