This series is a true beginner’s course, with each week building on the prior week’s foundation and knowledge. This course will begin at the very basic level and systematically progress over the duration of our time together. It’s the ideal course for individuals who have never practiced yoga, someone fairly new to yoga but interested in slowing down and working on alignment, or a person coming back to yoga after a hiatus. Props will be utilised and modifications and enhancements given to suit all levels of mobility. This course is suitable for people who want to improve flexibility, strength, balance, develop a better understanding of yoga, and be able to establish a home practice. After completing this foundational yoga course you will be able to join beginner and open level classes at our studio.
Over the course of six sessions together we will:
– begin with the basics, emphasising safe and correct alignment
– develop in a supportive group setting with others who are also new to yoga.
– explore, explain, and practice the methods of performing basic yoga asanas (poses) from an experienced teacher
– learn how to use props to inform and support healthy alignment and a safe yoga practice
– learn to move through “a vinyasa” or flowing sequence of postures
– discuss the do’s and don’t of yoga etiquette
– learn the basics of yogic breathing (Pranayama), meditation, and other relaxation techniques.
WHAT’S THE COST OF THE COURSE?
The cost of the course is €75
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Anything you are comfortable moving around in (sweat pants and t-shirts are fine, but be sure the clothes are not too baggy). You will be removing your shoes, so no special footwear is needed, it’s best to practice bare feet.
DO I NEED TO BRING A YOGA MAT?
No, we provide yoga mats and all props, free of charge! Do bring a water bottle with you.
WHAT IF I HAVE AN INJURY BUT I AM NOT TOTALLY INCAPACITATED AND WANT TO TRY YOGA ANYWAY?
Always communicate to your teacher any injuries so she can help you with modifications for a safe practice.