***ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES with brazil nuts***
gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, sugar free (with xylitol, suitable for diabetics)
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 23 minutes
– 2 cups of almond flour,
– 1/2 cup of birch sugar,
– 2 tablespoons of coconut oil,
– 4 tablespoons of butter,
– 1 egg,
– 20 almonds (chopped),
– 10 brazil nuts (chopped),
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder,
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
1. Preheat oven to 300F,
2. Chop almonds and brazil nuts,
3. Slowly melt butter and coconut oil. Add remaining ingredients together.
4. Form dough into walnut sized balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheet. The oil from the butter, almond flour and coconut oil grease the sheet as the cookies bake.
5. Bake for 5 minutes. Press down lightly with fork, then continue to bake another 18 minutes (cookies won’t brown).
6. Leave for 5 minutes to cool down before removing.